Thursday, March 15, 2018

A story of a man in the woods


     


Have you ever heard of a man called... well most people called him Buck Skin because he was always dressed in buck skins. This man is now old but in his day he was a man of dreams.

When he was a kid he always loved the woods but sometimes he was afraid of the woods. He would always plan all these camping trips go out but he would be back by dark. One day he went to the Allegheny forest, way in the middle, he could not find his way back in the dark. So he could not come back. He left his home in the city and hitch-hiked all the way out to the Allegheny forest. Finally he got out of the last car he would see for a long time. He hiked far into the woods, way past civilization, into the wilderness.
    It was now getting dark and he still did not get a fire going. He was using his flint and steel his grandfather gave him when he was planning the trip. Only him and his grandparents knew he was leaving because he thought he should tell someone, someone that would not keep him from going. His Grandpa said every young man should have a dream and if it is pleasing to God then do it and with that he closed his eyes to try to sleep but sleep just didn't come. He heard a stick snap in the distance and a chill ran down his back, then he heard a screech owl. He was trying to go to sleep but he couldn't, so he tried to start a fire again . He tried but he was so tired he fell asleep in the process. It was now morning, he could smell the smell of the flowers and hear the song of a robin in his ear.  He was feeling pretty good about all this. He jumped to his feet to see what was around him. When he came to a beautiful view! He loved this land so much he decided he would live there the rest of his life.


Image result for cliff in the forest



Well that is it for this blog post. I will be doing another soon and I hope you liked it. 
Was it ✔or❌ 
please tell me in the comments below  
By: Justin 

7 comments:

  1. I like it Justin! Will you do a second part about how he lives in the woods? It reminds me of My Side of the Mountain. Have you read that book?
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning on doing a part 2
    and I've read My Side of the Mountain before

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great story! Is this the first story you've written (about survival)?

    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a post with some survival videos. But besides that, this is my first story

      Delete
  4. Nice job Justin!

    (I love My Side of the Mountain. It is on the very short list of books I've read more than once)

    ReplyDelete